Psychologists at QPS offer psychoeducational assessments for children, adolescents, and adults experiencing difficulties in school or at work because of learning, attentional, or emotional problems. Common concerns assessed include:
- Learning disabilities/disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Language disorder
- Gifted status
- Intellectual disability
- Autism spectrum
The objective of the assessment is to gain insight into an individual’s learning difficulties, understand the barriers to learning, and provide recommendations based on personal strengths and areas of challenge.
Psychoeducational assessments typically include:
- Intake session to provide an opportunity to get to know the client, learn about background history, and current concerns
- Assessment sessions to examine areas such as cognitive functioning, academic skills, and/or memory
- Feedback session to review results, discuss strength and areas of challenge, and provide recommendations
Who offers psychoeducational and giftedness assessments at QPS?
Autism and intellectual disability assessments are offered by Dr. Kelly Weegar.